[OM] Re: List members in hurricane path

Subject: [OM] Re: List members in hurricane path
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 22:48:47 +0200
>> The question comes to mind; Do any of our List members live in the
>> most
> affected areas?
>
> Gregg McGrath lives in Biloxi, MS.  Sure hope he and his family got the
> hell out in time.  In 1972 the remnants of a hurricane that moved
> inland
> severely flooded my hometown in NE Pennsylvania.  Having seen the
> aftermath
> during a visit I can only begin to imagine the horror in the Gulf of
> Mexico
> region.  I urge everyone, at least those in the U.S. to give whatever
> you
> can afford to whatever organization is trying to help.

New Orleans and surroundings are spinning in my head. Seing this large
a disaster (both natural and human)  makes OM's and so much more
trivial.
What baffles me most however is the way the reaction to the disaster is
prepared for  and handled, and I am "not impressed" by the way it is
done. People deserve a better treatment than that. If I could vote or
speak-up on the other side of the big pond I'ld certainly do so.
Over here I still have the feeling that the cybernetics causing
government are there to help us all to have a better life. Government
is created by the people to do the things that can't be done privately.
I write this not to criticise americans, but to support them in
thinking clear, and asking the right questions, also in most difficult
times.

I already went far off topic and off limits, but this just had to go of
my heart.

With supporting thoughts,

Iwert.