[OM] Re: List members in hurricane path

Subject: [OM] Re: List members in hurricane path
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 23:08:37 EDT
I've just gotten back online in Biloxi, MS, since our phone service and
electricity came back on this evening. I'm a little to the east of Paul's
location in Pass Christian so we got slightly less force from the storm,  but
Biloxi
still has massive devastation. The eye wall covered our whole  county. We rode
the storm out in my boarded-up home. My home was spared,  even though four
large trees fell near it in my yard. Also, my veterinary  hospital is in good
shape. My backflow preventer broke off outside the building,  so we don't have
running water there, and we still don't have power there, but  we will be able
to crank up when those services are restored. I treated one  of the FEMA
search dogs for a hurt foot in my parking lot a couple of days  ago.

I feel truly blessed that I and my family are safe. Our economy here has
been devastated and it will take many years for us to recover. Hopefully,  my
practice will survive. Many thousands here have suffered much more than  I have
in the last week, and many have lost their homes and all their worldly
possessions.

I haven't read previous messages in this thread (or anything else from the
list for that matter) in the last few days. My parents up in the Delta have
been  deleting my OM messages to keep my mailbox from overflowing. Just wanted
let  you guys know another list member has survived Katrina.

Greg McGrath