[OM] Re: [OT] hot political commentary, was never about: poor John Lind

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] hot political commentary, was never about: poor John Lind
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:56:44 -0400
But, FWIW, the commanding general of the Army Corps of Engineers said in
an interview yesterday that even had this work been done it wouldn't
have prevented the dike failures at the points where they occurred.

The entire system is built to withstand a category 3.  A near or direct
hit by a category 4 or 5 was considered a once in 500 years event.
Unfortunately , the 500 year clock ran out this week.

In short, it's 35 years of short sightedness that caused this problem
(and others yet to surface).  Not the Iraq war as much as that's where
you'd like to lay the blame.

Nuff said, I'll respond no further on this subject.
Chuck Norcutt