[OM] Re: Quick & Dirty Flash Advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Quick & Dirty Flash Advice
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:30:40 +0000
The little FL-20 ain't all that wimpy and rinky-dinky.  I thought so, too,
until I tried it a few times.  Here's a shot I made just last night, straight
out off the card, ISO 400, 14-54 @ 54mm, from a distance of about 40 feet, in
nearly total darkness -- just the light of one 40-watt bulb in a wall fixture
on our deck the same distance from the critters that I was.  It's not exactly
in sharp focus because it was too dark for both me and the autofocus to get it
right, but I think this shows that this little flash has a fair amount of
oomph!  And I keep the diffuser on it so I won't lose it, and I forgot to take
it off, so consider that, too.  :-)

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1062.jpg

Walt, who could've used a T-45 (or two)

--