[OM] Re: E1 sighting

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 sighting
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:00:24 -0400

Andrew Dacey wrote:

> http://www.olympus-esystem.jp/gallery_e/unno_k/
>
> Beautiful stuff but there's something about the 2 bird shots (001 and
> 003) that seems odd to me, can't quite put my finger on it. I feel it
> more with 001 than 003. There's something about the bird that just
> doesn't seem right, it almost like the "cut out" effect you see with
> fill flash some times but it doesn't look like he used fill here.

I think what strikes you as odd is that, even if he had the good fortune
to catch the bird in the shade vs. direct sun, the bird is still being
illuminated from above by that bright blue sky.  The bird is too well
lit underneath which is what gives it that "funny" appearance.

I agree, I don't think there was fill flash applied but I think there
was plenty of fill PhotoShop applied.

Chuck Norcutt