[OM] Re: Zuiko 50-250/5

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 50-250/5
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:15:18 +0800
For long tele, the bokeh quality is not that critical as in many cases the
background are blur enough to soften everything. It is more significant in
the shorter one, a few 50mm I have seen were not perform very well in bokeh
department, like the Zuiko 50/1.2, M*nolta 55/1.2 and Le*ca 50/1.0. The
Tok*na 28-70 SD I once own also had this problem.

On the other hand I won't call the 50-250 a small lens, the 75-150 is much
better for carrying (ok, it has shorter range). The 28-48 is a very nice
lens if you want to travel light. The combination of 28-48 and 75-150 gets a
very good coverage.

Regards,
C.H.Ling