[OM] Re: saturation problems (was Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60)

Subject: [OM] Re: saturation problems (was Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60)
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:52:56 +0200
Both sRGB and RGB colorspaces are generally broader than a Monitor
colorspace, so, I would prefer keep the larger color gamut avaiable and
let the Monitor CLUT do the conversion.

For example It's possible that the blue You monitor can display goes
farther than the blues of an sRGB color space.

Of course, the possibilities are various, as is the monitor response...

Alfredo

BTW, I apologize for not having answered to Your post on aluminum
adapers, Bernard, I did'nt have much time, and lastly I forgot to
answer... D'oohh!

The fact is that the anodization layer on an aluminium surface, doesn't
stick to the aluminum like galvanic nickel would on copper.
And for it's nature, under friction is likely to disgregate, producing
fine powder.
Just thing of mounting an objective on an adapter, and the
sollecitations it undergoes.

This, was told me from a friend, a mechanic with the hobby of
photography.

Alfredo

http://mail.yahoo.it