[OM] Re: Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60

Subject: [OM] Re: Airshow photos - E-1 and C-60
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:30:46 +1000

> Thanks Wayne.  I have put it up at:
>
> http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/temp/Staggerwing.htm
>
> ... but I fear you will be disappointed as it is a bit soft.  I have
> used Fred Miranda's Intellisharpen II to boost the sharpness, but it
> is still not that good.  I should blame the lens, a Sigma 55-200,
> which was a pretty low cost telephoto option.  I am not seriously
> considering working out how to afford the 50-200 DZ.  I credited you
> with the idea, by the way; I wish I had thought of it.

I guess that level of sharpness is par for the course.  I'd often see good
looking reflections in the polished hub caps on trucks so went ahead and
bought myself one (just a hub cap - not the truck) and I was also a bit
disappointed by the image sharpness I could get photographically.  I thought
the spinner might be a bit better quality than my hub cap.  Thanks for the
credit !

...Wayne