[OM] Re: OT: Update: How much should I refund this eBay buyer?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Update: How much should I refund this eBay buyer?
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:40:21 -0400
First of all, thanks for all the comments, particularly the ones that gave
me some more food for thought.  The buyer has accepted my offer with no
comment other than to wonder how we should go about effecting the refund.
Believe me, I was soooooo tempted to tell him I'd mail him a personal check
and send it by surface mail.  I didn't. Because the entire episode was
handled in a friendly and courteous manner I didn't want to end it on a
sour note.

One comment to Chuck's comment of:

"However, I don't think you should have shipped before notifying the buyer
that transit time for the method chosen could be as long as 10 days when he
told you he was leaving soon.   On the other hand, the buyer should have
verified the transit time for the method chosen before agreeing to it."

Good point, except that he told me about his plans AFTER he paid.  It was
then that I gave him the transit time and pointed out that it was no more
than an estimate provided by the Post Office. He never, like so many
others, inquired about shipping costs and methods before the auction ended.

Uhhh Chris, I think I get the gist, but what exactly is a plonker?

Well, now that the 35RC is back home I'm beginning to wonder if I should
just keep it for those times I don't want carry too much gear.  Stay tuned
for another post.

Gary