[OM] Re: Wedding shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Wedding shoot
From: Robert Swier <robert.swier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:53:39 -0400
I shot my first wedding recently as well. It was a as favor for some friends
who were getting married. We're all graduate students, so hiring a
professional wasn't an option. I was a nervous wreak the entire day. I
almost never take pictures of people, and when I do, it's in the form of a
deliberately composed shot where the subject will wait patiently for me to
get ready. But, all in all, the day turned out alright, though I will say
that if I was going to make a habit of working in that kind of setting, I'd
want the option of auto-everything (focus, aperture, shutter speed).
(Equipment for the day was an OM-4t with an F280, and a OM-1 with a Vivitar
283)
 Worst thing that happened: just before the actual ceremony, I was nearing
the end of a roll. I shot it up quick so that I could start the ceremony on
a fresh roll. But, I was so nervous that I popped the film door without
rewinding! I felt my face go red and the whole rest of the day I kept
thinking about the pictures that I'd lost. In fact, there were even some
group shots that I did again because I thought I'd lost them. After I had
the pictures developed I was quite amazed to learn that popping the film
door resulted in the loss of only two or three images out of the whole roll.
(That was the only time the whole day that the dim light worked to my
advantage!)
 Robert Swier
Toronto, Canada