[OM] Re: [OT] First E-1 astro photo

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] First E-1 astro photo
From: "GJ Martin, School Geographical Sciences" <G.J.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:01:42 +0100
Yes, it is the same light scattering that causes a blue sky (Rayleigh
scattering). The difference in brightness between the morning sky and the
dim moon would likely be too small to produce Mie scattering.
   On another note maybe you would be interested in the C*n*n EOS 20Da
(<http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos20da/>)
which is specifically designed for astrophotography.  At about £1900 it
seems very pricey, and you could get a very good CCD camera for that price
which would be much more versatile. Very nice photo though!

Best wishes,
Gareth.

--On 25 August 2005 21:27 -0400 Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Moose,
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question and even if I did, I probably
> couldn't answer it. :)  I can only add that the image is very close to
> how the moon and sky appeared at 9:30 am except the blue sky is a bit
> more intense due to my use of the curves tool to slightly increase
> contrast as the moon is rather pale in daylight hours.  The white
> balance was at 5300K.
>
> Richard
>
> On 8/25/05, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Nice capture, but very blue. Is that the same light scattering that
>> causes blue skys overlaid on the moon?
> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

GJ Martin, School Geographical Sciences