[OM] Re: tripod for OM cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: tripod for OM cameras
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:02:35 -0400
I am donating my old Slik tripod, fitted with a new Dynatran ball head
(a cheap Ch$n@se Manfroto knock-off) to my daughter.  My remaining
tripod is a (smaller) Zone VI model, which does will for my 4x5 as well
as 35mm.  But I am also attracted to a Benbo Trekker (NOT the
Mini-Trekker or Trekker 2) ... Anyone have experience with the Trekker?

My thinking is that it is especially suited to low/ground level macro
use.  AG modified a Cullman and it looks fascinating, but when I modify
gear like that, it ends up being butt-ugly.

Earl