[OM] Re: tripod for OM cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: tripod for OM cameras
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:40:58 -0500
Alexander,
        That's an open-ended question since asking what tripod is sort of like
asking what car should I buy. It very much depends on your needs. That being
said I have used for the last 5 years a Bogen 3001 tripod with the 3265
grip-action ballhead. I've been very pleased with the tripod in that I find it
stable enough for my needs and light enough to carry in the field. The head it
came with is OK but not great. Over the years I've gotten used to it but at
some point I will replace it with a better ball head. B&H Photo lists this
combo at $206 new. Are there better/ stronger/ lighter tripods? You bet, but
they are more expensive. I'm sure others will jump in with other suggestions.
Good luck.

Charlie