[OM] Re: Telecentricity

Subject: [OM] Re: Telecentricity
From: David Carter <spotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:55:09 +1200
Combined reply ...

What I think we would like to determine is 2 things

a. precisely what the Depth of Focus ( see
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/depth-of-field.htm or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_focus for more info ) is at the sensor?
see if it can cater for the same type of action as a Contax AX ( "the AX camera
actually moves the film plane +/- 10mm" ) uses to focus a shot.
&
b. how far it can move upwards & sideways to cater for image stabilization?
Assuming they will go that way ...

A good optical bench should hopefully give us some answers on whether or not
these systems might work. Thereby adding to our speculative musings on the
subject.

David

Well, if you extend the idea to some kind of optical bench where you can
have a subject with fine detail in it and a way to view the image detail
at the focal plane.

When I refer to image circle diameter, I mean not just the area which
will be illuminated by light shining through the lens, but the diameter
within which high image quality is maintained. Any given lens may or may
not sharply cut off the image circle at that point. Also, the subject
must be large enough to fill the entire expanded field of view to be tested.

Moose