[OM] Re: Telecentricity

Subject: [OM] Re: Telecentricity
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:29:55 -0300
On 8/24/05, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx <ClassicVW@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know it's been discussed, and I came to this discussion late...  I was
> commenting on the seemingly large enough mount size, not the glass design. I
> apologize if I iam nferring something that's not correct. I thought the mount
> was
> wide enough to possibly cover future 35mm size sensors. Something that could
> possibly change with future changes in sensor design?

Yes, I understood what you were saying. The mount itself should allow
for a 35mm size sensor (but possibly not with a telecentric design,
which is part of this discussion). My only comment was that while it
would be possible I can't really see Olympus going that route because
their current lens lineup is composed of lenses that don't cover a
35mm frame.

At the very least, they'd probably want to make a slight change to the
mount such as what C*n*n did with the EF-S lenses so that it's not
possible to mount 4/3 lenses on a 35mm sized body.