[OM] Re: girl with digital camera

Subject: [OM] Re: girl with digital camera
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:10:07 -0300

> You are making an assumption that there will be no further technological
> improvements. In fact, your assumption is already out of date. A few new
> P&S cameras have virtually no shutter lag, or turn on lag, for that
> matter. The Fuji F10 is a leader, but others aren't far behind
> <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf10zoom/page4.asp>. Shutter lag
> under 1/2 sec. including focusing, under 5/100 sec. when already
> focused. 1.7 sec. off to image captured.
>
> Even my now ancient Can*n S110 has a fixed infinity focus setting.
> Selectable by button on the back in an instant.
>
> Moose

It's nice to know that they already have about fixed the shutter lag
problem. I don't keep up on it as close as some of you. I did suspect they'd
get there someday, as I know my son's new C*non rebel XT, or whatever it's
called here in Canada, has practically no turn-on time or shutter lag. I
hadn't realized they'd reached the same place with some P&S's.
Of course my C5050 can be set up in my-modes to shoot as Wrotniak's web site
advertises "like a l*ica". I've set my camera up in 4 my-modes per his
instructions, but have found it pretty useless, as the DOF gives pretty
so-so results most of the time in my opinion, and I suspect my standards are
somewhat less even than most of you here.
Wayne