[OM] Re: OM2-SP Troubleshooting

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2-SP Troubleshooting
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:04:11 +0100
* On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 01:14:26PM -0400, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx said:

> Well, if the meter works you have battery power, but, make sure there's
> silver oxide batteries installed, NOT alkalines or anything else. And make
> sure
> they're fresh. Even silver oxides that test good with the camera's tester can
> be
> too weak for the electronic OMs. If they came with the camera, or you
> installed them from a set you had lying around, throw them away immediately.

The batteries are fresh,  but are alkalines.. A76 Energizer.  Brand new and
fresh this afternoon.

One other thing of note, which may indicate a more major problem is that at
times it appears to get slighly confused about which mode it's in.  Such
that, at times it won't make it into Manual/Spot mode,  and  when swtiched
to that position thinks it's in Prgm.

I'll grab some new Silver batteries and give them a go though,  and all
being well it'll work.

p.

--
Wannabee Guitarist |                   I like pies.                   |
'94 US Stratocaster|                                                  |