[OM] Re: OM2-SP Troubleshooting

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2-SP Troubleshooting
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:01:37 +0100
* On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:13:02PM -0400, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx said:

> Work the mode selector back and forth 20 or 30 times, slowly and
> deliberately, not quickly snapping it back and forth, that may break
> something. Maybe the camera was never taken out of one mode, so the
> contacts may be slightly corroded.

I'll keep doing it.   Occasionally it goes into Manual mode correctly so it
is working to some extent, just not reliably.

> If things keep popping up like this, it's time for a CLA.

What does CLA stand for, out of interest.  I'm guessing it's a servicing of
sorts.

> It may be time for one anyway, depending on how the former owner used,
> and/or stored the camera.

I think this is a good idea anyway.  Assuming it is a service we're talking
about here. :)

Is there a recommended list of places in the UK/Ireland to send to?  (For
future reference I'm in Belfast)

> You can't pay too much attention to those batteries. A couple of us here on
> the list had battery related problems, with "new" batteries from two separate
> stores. Some sellers just don't go thru the button batteries like they used
> what with all the power hungry digitals that use bigger batteries.

It think this could be an issue... I've replaced the alkaline ones with
357s from a local Boots,  and things haven't improved much (if at all).

Anyway, on to try other things.

Thanks for your help so far,

paddy
--
this signature was brought to you by the letter N and the number 50
htag 0.0.23: [                         That was the mail that was.]