[OM] Re: A public apology to Andrew F and to the list

Subject: [OM] Re: A public apology to Andrew F and to the list
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:04:07 +0200
Ah, ok

curmudgeon (as in "oldster") n. : a crusty irascible cantankerous old
person full of stubborn ideas

Yes, but what about cantankerous?

cantankerous (as in "bloody-minded") adj. : (British) stubbornly
obstructive and unwilling to cooperate; "unions...have never been as
bloody-minded about demarcation as the shipbuilders"- Spectator

cantankerous (as in "cantankerous") adj. : having a difficult and
contrary disposition; "a cantankerous and venomous-tongued old lady"-
Dorothy Sayers

always tend to forget my Nisus Thesaurus... ;-)

Alfredo