[OM] Re: Boy, that was quick

Subject: [OM] Re: Boy, that was quick
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:42:15 -0700
I would say that a quarter of all UPS deliveries I get have a hole
big enough to reach inside and feel around. It looks like it is the
result of a giant package compactor on every truck.  Valuable things
are left on the front porch and things of little worth require a
signature. They ring once and sprint away. Their tracking does not
work between the sign in scan until the scan for the delivery so you
really cannot follow the progress. Recently they seemed even to have
dropped the anticipated delivery date. So you have to check each
morning to know whether you need to be home that day.  A couple of
years ago a telescope and support(two boxes) was scanned in for
delivery, but only one box could be found on the truck. The expensive
part with the glass was sitting in their facility in Oklahoma, which
they discovered after two weeks. They returned it to the telescope
dealer instead of delivering it who then called me to tell me they
had reshipped. After messing up the first delivery UPS did not
upgrade the delivery which you would think they would do. The second
shipment took another week.

Thankfully B&H will allow you to choose FedEx.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA