[OM] Re: Woohoo! It's here!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: Woohoo! It's here!!!
From: alfredo pagliano <alfredo_pag@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:49:38 +0200
mmmmmhhhh.....

A more fair comparison would be with a 14-54 f/2.8-3.5 Zuiko Digital....

Moreover, I've used both a 17-85 IS and a 10-22, and had a very hard
time deciding which one was the worst.
Let's say that if the 17-85 is a pechinese, the 10-22 is a chihuaua, I
mean, both are dogs, of some different species... ;-)

A lot of chromatic abberration on the 10-22 p to 17 leading to a lot of
purle fringing on high contrast parts of the image from 60% of radius
onward, also, very soft in the corners up to 16, stopped down or not,
the same.

Poor image quality on the 17-85 and, again a lot of chromatic
abberration, both lenses do not deliver saturated colors or high
contrast, but this it not so important, You can get rid of it later
during postprocessing.

The 10-22 is very resistant to flare, though.

My kit is now gone, and, after having tried the E-1 of a friend and
having been tempted from the E-300, I'm waiting for the new model and
starting to collect a little Olympus film kit...

By the way, many thanks to who kindly helped me in the forum.

Alfredo Pagliano

http://mail.yahoo.it