[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 06:53:29 +1000
Looks like the sort of thing kids rode before the BMX was invented -
and those were lethal.
And the prices are fun - one is $5.2K - strewth!
Feeds another of my conspiracy theories - the one that says that no
matter what hobby or pastime you want to undertake, the start-up cost
for good quality equipment and materials is going to be the same.
About $5K. I'll bet they've managed to get it up there for quilting
and fishing by now - there'll be brocade laser cutters or carbon
fibre rods/titanium reels that you 'just can't do without.' It's a
recreation led economy.
And i must get another diamond wheel for my glass grindertomorrow - I
mean, I know that Tiffany never had one but it's so neat.
AndrewF