[OM] Subject: Re: Sigma 14mm F3.5 Fisheye?

Subject: [OM] Subject: Re: Sigma 14mm F3.5 Fisheye?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:31:59 +0200
Hi, all.

I also own this lens. As usual on Sigma lenses, it seems optically
fine, but rather poor mechanically. It's quite sensitive to flare,
though.

I find it very useful on the EOS-300D because of the x1.6 crop factor
-- it works nearly like a 21mm lens!

>lens cap is two pieces. A round  cap slides over the outside of the lens and
>has an opening that allows a  standard type of lens cap to snap on.
>If you leave
>the outer part of the cap on  and remove the snap in section, a circular
image is made on the film.

Yes, and with the x1.6 DSLR factor, there's no noticeable vignetting!
I usually leave the outer part of the cap on, it helps a bit with
flare.

Enjoy,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban