[OM] Re: Information on a Tamron 28-135 f/4-4.5 Model 38A?

Subject: [OM] Re: Information on a Tamron 28-135 f/4-4.5 Model 38A?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:48:51 +0200
Hi, all.

I think this is the model SP 28A... I own one of these and it's quite
sharp (even at full aperture), but somewhat heavy. It also gives a
yellowish tone to slides, which you may or may not like, if shooting
slides -- maybe an 82C filter will correct it!

The minimum focusing distance in "normal" mode is rather long, but it
has a "macro" mode intended for the 28mm setting -- although it works
at any focal length, like a varifocal lens. However, it's nice to
have such a range in a single lens, and suitable for all cameras.

Hope this helps,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxx>