[OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] Bicycle advice
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:37:03 -0300
On 8/15/05, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think usually that building something out of parts even if your
> labor is not worth anything is more expensive than buying something
> that has economies of scale at all steps of the manufacturing
> process. Unless you just want this as an amusing project you could
> economically do better buying a well reviewed modest model from a big
> manufacturer.

Yes I need to look into that option some more. Should clarify though,
I'm not looking at building the bike myself. One of the bike places
here sells used bikes but will add some new parts to build the bike
that you want (and obviously depending on condition). So far I'm
figuring new brakes, saddle and shifters would be the main things I'd
be looking for. Other upgrades would depend on price.