[OM] Re: Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:27:25 -0700 (PDT)
> Can I hijack your question: why is white balance such an issue
> in digital photography? With film you either get daylight or
> incandescent, not 10 different films for different light
> temperature colours. Or have I missed something obvious?

Personally, I prefer to lock in my WB to two or three settings.
Most of time I treat the sensor as film and select either a
daylight setting or a tungston setting.  If I'm under strange
florescents or gas discharge lights, I'll do a custom WB.

That said, one problem I've had with the E-1 is the normal Sunny
setting tends to be just a bit cool for my taste. AWB also gives
it a cooler cast than I like too.  So, I've avoided both.  Until
about a week ago I discovered the WB offset.  You can dial in a
WB offset for each of the settings.  So, my AWB is now very
close to what I like as well as the sunny setting.

Hey it only took me 6000 pictures and almost six months to find
that feature.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com