[OM] Re: Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1

Subject: [OM] Re: Samples from my lovely E-1, was E300 vs E1
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:54:22 -0700
Part of it is that such perfection is being demanded because people
are used to automatic, and because of the price. For $X000 it better
be perfect. As a result you have people going ballistic over digital
noise that is many times less than film grain. As for white balance
people turned red by a late afternoon sun are no longer acceptable.
Blue shadows in the several hours around noon while accepted or
filtered out are no longer acceptable. Green people under fluorescent
lamps are no longer acceptable. Of course I shot slides and was
pretty well stuck with what I got, but that has changed. People who
shot color negative film had their color balance adjusted by the
automatic machine and demand the same result from their new cameras.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA