[OM] Re: Neg scanner recs

Subject: [OM] Re: Neg scanner recs
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 15:27:41 -0700
Microtek Artixscan 120 which is current and was supplied to Polaroid
with their name and software. I think the highest praise for it was
by Hamrick of Vuescan when he was asked if his software could do
multiple scans with the Polaroid as it does with the Nikon scanners
and he said yes but that it was a waste of time because the scanner
got everything(detail and dynamic range) out of the negative with the
first scan. The Polaroid version has been a good scanner for me.
Besides 35mm and 120 carriers in standard sizes.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA