[OM] Re: Neg scanner recs

Subject: [OM] Re: Neg scanner recs
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:59:26 -0500

> Just a precaution though. You know how in the last few days some of
> the last digital holdouts admitted they were no longer using their
> OMs? Even though I have plenty of film in a couple of sizes to scan I
> mostly go out and shoot new digital images. You may end up using a
> new scanner much less than you anticipate right now.

Winsor,

But I would have to own a digital comera first! I've looked at some of the
usual suspects (no Minolta or Oly slrss here), and I'm just not ready. The
WA lens problem is getting better, but the price vs. quality lines haven't
crossed for me yet. I know I'll be there someday, but just not yet.

I am concerned about the possibility of Oly falling by the wayside just as
it did with the OM's. Regardless of photographic realities, commercial
realities require them to inlcude a sensor of at least 8mp and image
stabilization in the next body, and soon. Every day the E1 isn't replaced,
more D20's and D70's and up are sold.

In any event, there's no digital in sight that will replace my Xpan. I can
see the day when I cut back the OM outfit further and sell off the old
Nikons, but the Xpan and the Hasselblad doen't look to be sold soon.

Bill Pearce