[OM] Re: Dixons

Subject: [OM] Re: Dixons
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:45:38 +0100
Now which union could you be talking about there?

As far as car insurance is concerned, they certainly will quote you happy,
their "xx Direct" policies are noticeably cheaper.  Just don't ever need to
make a claim.  It's hard enough to make the claim, but chasing it up
thereafter involves 0870 calls to their call centre which is *not* in the
flatlands.  Cost of the calls on our claim was £10, you can guess the time
that was involved.

OTOH the people with the red phone on wheels are very responsive, in my
experience.  Although final settlement on one (on-topic) claim was in the
form of a voucher to be spent only at ... Jessops.  Which I guess is the
cost of the "new for old" replacement policy.  Better than the alternative.

--
Piers