[OM] Re: Oh no! Into the digital world!

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh no! Into the digital world!
From: Peter Leyssens <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:54:12 +0200

> Some of them certainly still are, certainly in France. The one we've booked
> in Germany, where shared facilities is (and has been in West Germany since
> the 80s) well and truly a thing of the past, costs 130 DM for two.

The hotels I stayed in in France were usually more expensive and lower
value than Germany.  Particularly Paris, but that's exceptional.

> Prices are very cheap compared with England. In France you can still find
> hotels for 300-odd FF a night for a room for 2, and in (West) Germany it's a
> bit more but still 100-odd DM a night is not impossible. In England it's
> invariably above £60 a night, per person!

Schotland, on the other hand, is great if you avoid the 2 main cities.
I stayed in a B&B that's as close to a luxury hotel as it gets (toilet
down the hall but that's compensated by incredible breakfast + very
personal service) for £17.  Double that for decent B&Bs in cities.

Peter.