[OM] For those of you that are fans of B&W

Subject: [OM] For those of you that are fans of B&W
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:03:40 -0400
In my on-going quest to fill my time while sitting in my wife's hospital
room, I am adding feature after silly feature to my website.

I thought some of you might be interested in this latest one -- and I'll be
happy to share the PHP code if there is interest.

And to keep this on-topic (at least marginally), the image in the example
was shot with an OM-4T.

On each page that displays a single image, there is a thumbnail on the right
that is a B&W version. If you click it, the images switch and the full-size
image is in B&W and the thumbnail is in Color.

The only image that I put on the site is the full-size, 640x480 color image.
The site (my code) adds the copyright if the image is over 200 pixels.  The
B&W image is created on the fly by my PHP code. It's not a perfect B&W
rendering, but it is kind of cool.

http://www.scalesimages.com/scalesimages/single.php?img=./030_menu_Architecture//090-SA141.jpg&bw=N

Sorry if the link wraps and you have to cut and paste.

Tom

P.S. Hold your mouse pointer over the logo on the upper for another cool
trick