[OM] Re: E-1 sold out

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 sold out
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:46:23 -0300
On 8/2/05, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Dacey wrote:

> B&H is still listing the E-1 with 14-54 as in stock.  Could be the
> volume seller gets last pick or else they simply overstocked at some
> point.

This is true. John just said that it's been discontinued and is sold
out but that likely just means no more coming from Olympus America,
existing stock at different stores will be around for awhile yet. Or
it could also be that B&H is slower on updating their site.

> Anyhow, the E-1 is getting pretty long in the tooth for the digital
> world and it's clearly time for a replacement.  However, as I pointed
> out a couple of weeks ago, Olympus is still not listed as an exhibitor
> at the Fall PMA mini show in San Diego in early September.  I think the
> deadline for exhibitor registration is past.

Yes, I'd say it's time for an E-2 (or whatever they'll call it) and as
I mentioned earlier, it seems to coincide well with some new pro
offerings on the lens roadmap. Surprising that they're not exhibiting
at PMA though. I'm wondering though if they might still do a press
release and/or press-only preview, but then you'd think they'd have an
exhibit too. I've never really kept up with the photo shows, is there
another one coming up soon after (like Photokina)?