[OM] Re: OT Scots Geneology

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Scots Geneology
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:34:59 -0700
Neat! The first sample image I looked at was the birth record of Charles
Rennie Macintosh, one of my all-time favorite architects and source of much
inspiration in my own work, for example, here:
<http://harrisonarchitects.com/chemsens.htm>

I'm going to poke around a bit looking for my own relatives. Grandparents on
my mom's side emigrated from Kemnay northwest of Aberdeen around 1917. In
1974 I visited the stone cottage my grandfather built, and met the folks who
bought it from him! I have a rose growing in our garden now that Grandpa
Booth originally brought with him from that cottage. My father's side also
hails from Scotland--Wallaces and Grahams.

I'd love to get back to Scotland.

Rob in Seattle