[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: cygnus <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:23:55
AG,

That is, to a degree, true.  My first experience with 35mm was with my
dad's Nikon S2 that he got when he was in the Army.  Nicely built, fairly
compact.  Never quite got used to the RF viewfinder, though.

My first real camera that was my own was the OM2n that I still own,
along with my OM4Ti.

However, the OM's have never let me down.  I'm more of an advanced amateur,
so I never really needed the ultimate ruggedness of an F or a Leica.

As much as I'd like a Fuji S2Pro, there's no way I can justify that kind of
outlay. Something in the $800 - $1000 range has potential.

Of course, then I still need to spend $500 on that fancy new Epson....and
a new flash.... and.... and.....   ;-P

Paul

ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

Paul wrote:
> So, before I commit the cash, I'd feel better having tried a
> number of different options.  I'm #14 on the list, so I'll
> just sit here patiently and twiddle my thumbs.

Face it. You've always wanted a Nikon or Leica.  If you're like
me, you got the Olympus because it was a poor-man's Leikon.
It's hard to be passionate about Canon.  Sorry, but that's just
my attitude.

Other than a few oddities, the D100 is a very nice camera and
represents the positive ergonomic thoughtfulness found in the
Nikon line.  Olympus is really all over the boards with the
E-10/20/300/1 and it's tough to even guess what the next one
will be like. At least with Nikon and Canon, they have settled
in on a well designed interface which doesn't change very much
from one model to another.

Do you follow your head or your heart?  Only you can answer that
question.

AG

Yahoo! Mail