[OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images

Subject: [OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:13:17 -0300
On 7/26/05, Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for something along those lines, but I've got troubles finding a
> suitable pen, and I think the layers I tried show a bit. I'll give acetate a
> try, it might be thin enough.

Yeah, not having tried it myself I can't say if it would show or not.
But acetate is cheap and easily cut so you could at least minimise
it's apearance (such as by keeping it all within the border).

> I rose the question as an afterthought, because I want to add some graphical
> elements to my pictures, not especially a signature. I of course would sign
> with a pencil. But I also would like to embed comments, captions, title,
> quotes or verses directly in the print.

In that case, I think acetate might be the best bet. White images
would be easiest since you the acetate would be a positive and you'd
do it during your normal print exposure. But, it might not show that
well (depending on the image). If you wanted black, you'd need to have
the acetate (or similar) done as a negative and do it as a seperate
flashing of the paper after the normal exposure.

> Anyway, the value of my work is not that high at the moment I feel concerned
> primarily by signing it...

Yes, I'd like to be in the position to be offering some prints up as
limited editions and commanding respectable prices for them but I'm
not there yet. Just starting to explore what options I have for
selling prints.