[OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images

Subject: [OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:44:21 -0300
On 7/26/05, Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please forgive me if it's a silly question, but I was wondering how you
> actually /write/ on photographic paper ? Which pen to use, to avoid damaging
> the print in the future, but resistant enough ? Is it possible to write on RC
> paper ? Are there alternative ways to achieve this result with light or
> chemicals in the wet room [easy ways] ? I've been experiencing with writings
> on cristal paper, but there's a shadow left on the final product. I thought
> glass would be better, but it's too thick, it leaves visible edges. Any other
> ideas ?

As a thought, what about writing the information on a piece of
acetate? If you were printing with a black border then you could lay
the acetate on the print, positioning it over the border. Assuming the
writing were light proof you'd get a negative (white) signature in the
border. Granted, this would then be a copy of your signature and not
the real thing so I'm not sure how the value might be impacted by
this.