[OM] Re: E-1 users

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 users
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 15:16:55 -0500
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:01:18 -0400, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>I think I commented here once before that one of the hardest digital
>things for us old film users to get our heads around is that the ISO
>setting is as much an exposure control as is shutter speed and aperture.

I think of it as my "noise/exposure tradeoff adjustment". While I do like the
fact that with the flick of a switch, I can effectively shot in low light or
high speed situations and then go back to longer
exposures for finer detail/less noise, but the noise at 400 and above means I
primarily shoot at 100 and 20, particularly given that it is so easy to add or
remove a stop in the raw conversion process.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company