[OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 03:39:02 +0000
I came close to buying one on *Bay a while back, just to have as a souvenir.  I
may yet.

And indestructible?  I remember leaving one lying on top of a police car one
night while taking some notes a few feet away.  Suddenly, the cop whose car it
was had to answer another call and took of in a hurry, resulting in the B&H
sliding off the roof, bouncing off the trunk lid, then tumbling end-over-end
down the street.  The 10/1.8 was trashed, but except for a couple of scratches,
the camera was unharmed.  In fact, it was one of the two that went with me
"over there."  Sadly, as far as I know, it's still "over there" somewhere.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --