[OM] Re: Fast B&W film?

Subject: [OM] Re: Fast B&W film?
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:40:33 -0400
My problem with trying the Eastern European films is not quality per se,
but quality *control* and availability.  I'm not slagging these
manufacturers because they're in Eastern Europe, and I don't have data
to back me up.  But I have read a few posts elsewhere about QC issues,
so I'm simply a bit leery.  Then there's reliable supply.  These are
=small= companies, so unless I test it, like it, and buy in stock, I'm a
bit nervous.  Never mind, even the big guy makes me nervous, and
Ilford's heroic committment is only worth a few quarterly reports.

I'm ready to be disabused of my non-objective opinions.

Earl