[OM] Re: For you E-thingy people

Subject: [OM] Re: For you E-thingy people
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:48:00 -0700 (PDT)
Exactly.  They do it on a frame-by-frame basis -- and
they're running 30 frames per second. It isn't very
useful for a digital SLR where the frame rate is only
a few frames per second.

Say, for example, that the 8MP CCD is ISO100 a
particular scene requires a 1/3 second exposure. In
order to accomplish image remapping, you'd have to
take several sub-1/3 second exposures and then combine
them.  And if you could take a sub 1/3 second exposure
and get a usable image out of it, why bother with
anti-shake anyhow?

I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well, but to my
mind this approach doesn't make any sense for a
still-picture camera.

Best Regards,

Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com