[OM] More Questions on Tamron SP 35-105mm

Subject: [OM] More Questions on Tamron SP 35-105mm
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:13:07 EDT
I hope this qualifies as OT. I have yet to find an affordable alternative to
the highly regarded Zuiko 35-80. I thought that this was going to be it,
but...

I recently came into one of these Tamrons for my OM4, and would like to know
how my sample correlates to others than own one (or more). Like someone said
"...ya never know what yer gonna get".

First, it's a little soft in the corners, but only at the 105mm end...maybe a
little worse on the top left. I've only tested it with subject distances of
about 15 feet. Any others have slightly soft corners?

Secondly, it's pretty loose. Tamron says it'll cost $120 for a lube job and
overhaul. Anyone try to solve this at home? I lifted the grip and found 3
holes, but I don't know what they're for. Any thoughts?

Dave in Denver