[OM] Re: Help! Can't open OM2 door; broke a part

Subject: [OM] Re: Help! Can't open OM2 door; broke a part
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:58:12 -0300
on 25/06/2005 22:21, Mark Dapoz at md@xxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Simplest way, lift the leatherette around the latch mechanism and unscrew
> the two screws holding down the latch cover plate.  Remove the plate and
> push up on the latch mechanism.  Be careful not to lose any of the small
> parts.  See the parts diagram on my web site if you need diagrams of how
> it all fits together.  http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware
> -mark

Yes I agree. Been there, in a silly way.

Leatherete of an bargain 2n was peeling, and while my brain was out of my
head I put a *tiny* amount of gel cianoacrylate; regardless gel preparation
it found its way until reached CA8720 - CA8717. It was such a small amount
that after careful manipulation, cracked (the cianoacrylate I mean.... ;^)
Then checked the exploded view, and found how did it manage to get there and
which screws are to be unscrewed (difficult to read that .pdf, btw - a
little more resolution would help)

Next time, rubber contact cement, right ?

Fernando.