[OM] Re: Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but

Subject: [OM] Re: Thymerosol and autism, was: anything but
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:25:50 +1000

On 25/06/2005, at 3:12 AM, James N. McBride wrote:
>  Much of the information on environmental
> issues is developed by people with no scientific credentials. All
> they have
> to do is label themselves as "environmentalists" and we are
> supposed to
> believe whatever they write or say. Having that label makes them
> quotable in
> the news media. Having the results written by a lawyer would be the
> final
> untruth. /jmac

Lawyers and scientists have to live on this rocky ball like the rest
of us and as well as getting scared at times, they are also quite
human. It's odd how we assume that intelligence and education must be
some kind of protective barrier against all the normal human foibles,
fears and faults.  They are usually as foolish and gullible as the
rest of us.
Most serious environmental data is generated by serious environmental
scientists who are, of course, bad copy. It is incumbent upon the
rest of us to take care what and who we believe.
AndrewF (M.Env.Sci.)