[OM] Cell phones/Italy, as far OT as possible

Subject: [OM] Cell phones/Italy, as far OT as possible
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:24:17 -0500
While (Whilst for Brother Barker) in Italy recently, I spoke to a genuine
eye-talian about their new driving laws. I hope I got this right, between my
very basic Italian and his better English.

At the beginning of each year a driver is given 20 points. Each infraction
removes a set amount of points from the total. When you reach zero (zed for
Brother Barker), you lose driving privileges for a time, six months I think.
The two infractions that cost 5 points, the highest single amount, are
driving without seatbelts, and driving while talking on a cell phone.

This is a fine idea, applicable to all nations. The cameras that catch
speeders, on the other hand, are a Satanic plot.

Bill Pearce