[OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II

Subject: [OM] Re: K-M Dimage Scan Dual IV users here? or Scan Elite II
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:11:49 -0700
Andrew Dacey wrote:

>On 6/19/05, iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Hm? The SDIV is 3200dpi, the SEII is ~2800. SE5400 and SEPro are what you
>>must be thinking of? But yea, the Nikons are dear!
>>

>Yes, I meant the Scan Elite 5400 II. I could afford a Coolscan 5000
>and the bulk feeder for slides but then I start thinking that for that
>amount of money I could.............

For modest bulk scanning, you might consider the Epson 4870 & 4990 and
the Canon 9950F. Reviews of all of them with direct comparisons to the
Nikon 4000 are at photo-i <http://www.photo-i.co.uk/>. The Canon is
particularly attractive for bul scanning, as it will hold 12 slides or 5
strips of six frames each of unmounted film, 30 frames. The Epsons hold