[OM] Re: Zuikos used by digital C*nons

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikos used by digital C*nons
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:10:51 -0700
There is a Sony branded CMOS in the new Nikon D2X. Since, apparently,
it was co-designed by Nikon and Sony, it could be Nikon's second
generation(If you count the LBCAST sensor in the D2H) or Sony's first
generation CMOS depending on how you look at it. Considering its
pixel density it is very good. I don't think Canon can rest on its
laurels. Probably would not anyway.

But the CCD is not dead. Fuji's new design gives you that two stop
noise advantage in a small camera. If effectively applied to a DSLR
sensor they might be the one.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA