[OM] Re: Zuikos used by digital C*nons

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikos used by digital C*nons
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:38:20 -0600
At 09:25 AM 16/06/2005, Mark Dapoz (in response to Jeff Keller) wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Jeff Keller wrote:
> >
> >  ... Interesting to see the talk on the digital C*non board with respect to
> > Zuikos. It appears Mike has been doing some pretty methodical testing and
> > the Zuiko 21/2 closed on yaBe at $1420 (7522468352).
>
>That's just crazy.  For that price you can get a ZD 7-14mm which is a far
>superiour lens to the 21/2.  As good as the 21/2 is, it is well over a decade
>old and top of the line modern lenses do perform better.
>                                 -mark

Yeah, that's pretty wild.  And to think that just a few years ago I got a
pristine example of a used one for $550.00 US.  Almost tempts me to offer
mine up -- but really, after such an astounding auction, sanity would
probably prevail and I'd end up getting $300.00 US for it.   :-/

Of course, a few years ago I sent a pristine eveready case for an OM+Winder
2 to a list member for the cost of shipping (I had no use for it) and a few
weeks later, some d00d in Paris (IIRC) sold his for over $200 US.  (And no,
it wasn't the same person -- if it had been, I would have tracked the guy
down and ripped out his spleen by hand.)   What are people thinking?

Lemme change the punctuation on that last.  "What?  Are people
*thinking*?"  ;-)

Garth