[OM] Re: Now good old days - was - Progress report on crashed hard drive

Subject: [OM] Re: Now good old days - was - Progress report on crashed hard drive
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:17:56 -0300

> >> Carnation milk, best in the land;
> >> Comes to you in a red and white can.
> >> No teats to pull, no hay to pitch;
> >> Just poke a hole in the son of a bitch.
>
> > Don't think the original said "hay".
>
> Said "hay" about 70 years ago, when I first heard it.  In those days a can
> sat on most kitchen tables for the coffee.  As kids, we used to make
> "Cambric Tea" with it, a little sugar and hot water.
> Paul in Portland OR

Interesting, I just did a quick search in google with a few key words, and
got almost 18,000 hits - seems there are several versions of this urban
legend ditty, with quite a few variations.

Anyways, I grew up on a farm, where we used pitch forks in the barn, but not
for moving hay.

And no, Thomas, I have no idea how to get this thread back on topic, nor
several other ones going lately :-)   Sorry. But thanks for all your hard
work for being list mom.
Wayne