[OM] Re: Kodak doing away with Black and White Papers

Subject: [OM] Re: Kodak doing away with Black and White Papers
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
My understanding of the situation is that Kodak is discontinuing
the manufacturing of the paper base itself.  They're getting out
of the papermill business.  If this is true, well, it only makes
sense to outsource this.

Ours is pretty much a 100% Kodak free shop, so although I'm
disappointed with the predictable news from Kodak, I'm neither
suprised nor devastated.

I'm hoping that the owner-managers of Ilford can hang in there.
It might be a situation like KMART where a wee-bit of bankruptcy
is all the company needed to get ready to conquour the world.

Yet I question the wisdom of keeping my own B&W lab operating.
I don't shoot that much B&W myself and the lab business itself
is getting slow enough that doing away with it wouldn't greatly
affect my bottom line.

If Kodak was smart, they'd buy Epson.

AG

Discover Yahoo!